The Manoir Belle Plage hotel was originally a magnificent English villa, built in the Channel Island Regency cottage style. First called Stella Maris, this summer home was built around 1921 on a portion of Lot 41-C that William Leblanc had sold to Marie-Louise Pearson, wife of the Honourable Charles Marcil. The Member of Parliament for the riding of Bonaventure in the House of Commons (1900-1937), Charles Marcil was one of the main instigators responsible for the completion of the railroad from Matapédia to Gaspé and grandfather of journalist Michelle Tisseyre. In 1924, the property was sold to Harriet Duff Reid of Montréal. She lived there for a number of years before selling it to René C. Cullen in 1949.